Are you running a business and trying to grow your audience and customer base? By using B2B prospecting, you can identify your target consumers and keep your sales funnel filled. Through generating new prospective buyers, your business can continue to reach its sales goals. Read on to discover everything you need to know.
What Is B2B Prospecting?
Business-to-business prospecting is identifying potential buyers, reaching out, and making them into new customers. The potential buyers are also known as prospects, who are reached by marketing outreach. Learn how to do it by following these steps.
The first step is to calculate the total addressable market, TAM. This allows the total number of people in the target market to be identified.
After finding the TEM, a more detailed Ideal Customer Profile, ICP can be made. An ICP is a detailed profile description of the people to target in the audience.
Engage the ICP with sales and marketing plans. The sales outreach is also known as outbound prospecting. This includes making phone calls, emailing, and social selling. The marketing-related tasks are known as inbound marketing. This includes pay-per-click, email marketing, and content marketing.
B2B prospecting combines sales and marketing teams to create an aligned revenue team. This leads to productivity, efficiency, and best decision-making. It also attracts ideal buyers to the organization, who are then turned into customers. This process allows businesses to generate new revenue and business growth.
B2B Prospecting: The Importance Of Sales
Generating sales keeps businesses running and developing. By setting goals, defining your buyer, writing a sales pitch, and engaging your leads, you are preparing to sell to your customers. Staying engaged and active with B2B prospecting will help generate sales. Here is why.
- Consistently filled channel:
- It allows the pipeline to stay full and have quality opportunities.
- Effective Outreach:
- It can help the right people to be reached, at the right time, and through the right channels.
- Qualifying faster:
- Through B2B prospecting qualifying the right people can go much faster. Disqualifying can also be sped up by finding people who will not benefit from the service or product.
- Speeding up the sales process:
- Accelerating the cycle can lead to closing more deals.
B2B Prospecting: Marketing Is Crucial
After identifying the target leads, how you market to them will determine if they engage with your business or pass it along. By making attractive campaigns, the leads can soon be turned into customers. This marketing groundwork is crucial for allowing sales to take off. Here is why.
- Improving quality leads
- It uses marking to create high-quality prospects for sales and increasing conversion rates.
- Targeting audience
- Creating content that targets the exact audience, leads to more engaging and relevant content.
- Marketing campaigns
- Bringing marking disciplines together can lead to successful campaigns.
- Attracts customers
- Reaching more buyers can quickly make your brand stand out. This is the best way to set up a business for success.
Implementing marketing campaigns to engage and attract leads is a vital part of B2B prospecting. Getting a grasp on all the strategies that it offers, helps businesses achieve their goals. It also allows businesses to calculate their TAM, make the ICP, and use sales and marketing strategies to achieve business goals. By setting prospects, defining the buyer, writing a sales pitch, and engaging leads, you will be prepared to sell to your customers. Take the first step now!
For more digital marketing tips, check out the other blogs that our digital marketing experts have written. If you are still curious about outbound prospecting or want a general digital marketing consultation, schedule a meeting with Colibri Digital Marketing today!
Barron, Joe. “What Is b2b Prospecting?” Home. Cognism, August 17, 2020. https://www.cognism.com/what-is-b2b-prospecting.
OÜ, Pipedrive Inc / Pipedrive. “B2b Prospecting Guide: Prospecting Tools & Tips.” Pipedrive. Accessed August 15, 2021. https://www.pipedrive.com/en/blog/b2b-prospecting.