In the modern B2C and B2B environment, who still relies on emails as a source of communication? Way more than you actually think! In fact, in 2017 over 3.5 million people used email as a source of communication.
With over half the world’s population still involved in sending and receiving emails, you can’t deny that fact that this trend is far from going down the line. Apart from that, which such numbers, you can expect to use this communication channel in your next marketing campaign to generate a good ROI. However, it’s essential for all marketers to be aware of email marketing trends that have the potential to boost your conversion and traffic in 2018 and 2019. To get you through, we have compiled a list of a few factors you need to focus on to for email lead generation for your B2C or B2B marketplace.
Email Lead Generation
Generating leads through email marketing isn’t as easy as it was a few years ago. Due to the rise in email spam cases, readers have started to lose their fate in this source. Therefore, if you really want to witness a remarkable click-through rate, it’s preferable to focus on targeting only those individuals who have subscribed to your email updates. The main reason behind this is that these subscribers have already shown interest in your brand, that’s why they can be called easy targets.
Sending emails to random people will only reduce your email deliverability. This can eventually lead to your emails getting marked as spam by ISPs and ending up in the junk/spam folder. Believe me, that’s the last thing you’d wish for. As successful email marketers, it’s your responsibility to make sure that you don’t irritate your audience in any way, and focus on the following factors to produce high-quality email leads.
- Dedicated Landing Pages: Leads are only worth investing resources on if they convert. Make sure that your emails have a call to action (CTA) that directs to a dedicated landing page. With the help of a landing page that is well optimized and has an attractive CTA, you can expect a significant boost in your quality lead generation. In order to make this page compelling, you should use striking templates to design it. In addition, you can always include captivating images and positive customer reviews to encourage your visitor to click-through.
- Header and Footer: The header and footer of your website are crucial elements that can be used to enhance your subscriptions in no time. The first thing every new visitor sees on your site is the header. Therefore, a ‘subscribe now’ tab on the header is definitely a strategic move. On the other hand, with a ‘subscribe now’ option in the footer, it can also help you increase subscribers as it will be visible on all web pages. Whenever a reader scrolls down to the bottom, they’ll see this button and may feel convinced after reading your high-quality content to provide their email address to you.
- Utilize the Homepage: For almost all websites, your homepage is the most visited page on your website.You can use this page to boost your newsletter subscribers in no time. Every time someone enters your site, you can greet them with a soft message through a home gate. In this message, you can add an offer to convince these visitors to subscribe. For example, you can write, “Subscribe now to get 10% off on your very first order.” With the help of an engaging home gate, you can boost your rate of subscription.
- Pop-up at the End of Your Content: This technique has become a common trend on many high traffic sites. By having a popup at the end of your content, the chances of a reader pressing the ‘subscribe now’ button are relatively higher. Wondering why? Well, if you publish informative and high-quality content, it can become a convincing factor that can encourage your readers to subscribe when the popup shows up. However, too many popups can also irritate your readers. Make sure that the content on your pop ups are high-quality, visually appealing, and used intentionally.
- Pop up When User Signals Exit Intent: Thanks to artificial intelligence (AI), now you can introduce a pop up whenever a user signals exit intent. Have you ever noticed that after reading an article, as soon as you move your mouse pointer towards another tab, a pop up shows up? Well, you can also integrate this feature on your site. Whenever your reader is about to close the tab or browser your pop up will appear, and there are strong chances that they’ll go through it before actually leaving. If you can create an attractive pop up with an engaging CTA, this trick will put you in a win-win position.
Email marketing is still a productive marketing strategy and case studies have even revealed that this channel has a ROI of up to 3800%. You can expect this number to increase as many top B2C and B2B companies have started adding email marketing in their promotional plans. However, in order to initiate a successful campaign, you have to plot an effective strategy this is aligned with current market trends. Remember, sending the right email, at the perfect time to an ideal target audience should be your ultimate goal while launching your email marketing campaign.
Latest posts by Guest Author (see all)
- 4 Winning Content Ideas To Drive Sales - April 8, 2019
- Tips to Follow for Ideal Web Design and User Experience - March 21, 2019
- How Press Release Distribution Enhances Your Marketing - March 18, 2019