Your website is like your own little piece of digital real estate — and you want to make it as user friendly for potential clients as possible. Realtors are targeted by marketing companies and web development companies all the time about real estate agent websites. While this can be a good thing, it can also create “shiny new thing” syndrome, with Realtors jumping from one real estate agent website to the next instead of maintaining one website for real estate agents.
In order to create and maintain brand consistency, Colibri Digital Marketing recommends Realtors create a personalized website for real estate agents built on a platform like WordPress so that they are not locked into a proprietary software system that limits their ability to change and grow with marketing trends and technologies.
Tips for Optimizing Real Estate Agent Websites
In addition to the standard About and Contact sections, there are several digital marketing strategies you can employ for real estate agent websites that will help convert visitors into clients and that will allow people to easily reach you about your real estate business.
- Optimize for mobile. Not only does Google now penalize websites that aren’t mobile responsive, but as a Realtor you want your website to look great no matter which device your client is using.
- Avoid one-page websites. You need to have multiple pages for the best search engine optimization.
- Use a WordPress theme. Theme sites allow you to grow and change with the times, so your site always looks up-to-date.
- Maintain a blog. You’ll want to have content to post on social media that drives traffic back to your website.
- Use dynamic visuals. A picture is worth a thousand words, and then some if it’s on your website. Dynamic visuals that highlight your brand will instantly convey to people what your type of real estate business is all about.
- Social media links. Place social media share buttons on your blog and real estate listings posts so people will be prompted to share the content on social media. Also make sure that your social media tabs that link to your social media pages are visible and easy to find on your homepage.
- Incorporate lead capture. The most important thing you can do to ensure your website is a marketing tool is to have an effective lead capture strategy in place. On every page of your website, entice people to leave their email via a compelling offer such as a free home evaluation or a great piece of content about how to buy or sell a home.
Think of the time and effort you put into prepping and staging a house for a real estate sale and use the same methodology for optimizing your real estate website.
SEO for Real Estate Agent Websites
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for real estate websites is an important and useful way for your brand to be found online. By incorporating keyword planning and SEO digital marketing strategies, real estate agent websites become more effectively visible in search engine results pages. SEO for real estate websites is challenging because the competitive nature of the real estate industry translates in the digital world, but with keyword planning and SEO best practices, these strategies can still help your real estate agent website stand out from the crowd. Read more about SEO for real estate websites here.
Having a well-optimized website that offers valuable information and lead capture will allow you to start building relationships using your website. And relationships are what real estate is all about. Click the button below to set up a free digital marketing strategy session!