Crowdfunding for Women
If you are reading this, chances are it’s because you are a creative person with hopes and dreams of making a difference. backHer is a new crowdfunding platform that supports women’s and girls’ projects and combines crowdfunding with philanthropy. backHer is launching soon, and we are looking for women-led projects of all types to participate in our launch. In exchange for this opportunity, we’d love to get your feedback, so backHer can provide an excellent experience to both project creators and funders.
Below you will find an excerpt from backHer’s beta launch letter:
You are invited to raise funds for your business or creative project on an exciting new crowdfunding platform.
Why Participate in backHer’s Launch
- No Fee. backHer will be waiving our standard 5% fundraising fee.
- Extra Press. Receive the added press surrounding backHer’s site launch.
- Guidance. We can assist you if you need help in developing your project campaign.
- Engagement. Opportunities to engage with a community of like-minded creatives and funders.
- Rise Together. For every project placed on backHer we automatically donate money to our backHer Rise Together Fund which assists organizations that help women and girls break the cycle of poverty.
backHer creates a space for you to fund your dreams while helping women and girls in poverty raise money for their dreams too.
How to Participate in the backHer Launch
- Send in your project idea to backHer.
- Limit your initial project goal to $10,000. (If your project requires more than $10,000, you can break your project into phases. After the launch, there will be no limits on fundraising.)
- backHer staff will select a limited amount of awesome projects for the launch.
- You can start creating your campaign if you have been selected for the launch.
Due to limited space, we only have room for a few more launch projects. If your project isn’t selected, that doesn’t mean we didn’t love it! We sincerely hope that you’ll still consider placing your project on backHer when it opens to the public.
We’re excited about making a real difference in people’s lives. Please tell your friends, family, and colleagues about backHer and we look forward to seeing your project ideas!
To get started, click here to fill out a short application form.